Since starting my business in 2009, I was the FIRST professional SPECIALIZING in eco-organizing services virtually and locally in the Wheeling, WV area. I have won two awards in the area of professional green organizing:
2011 NAPO LOS ANGELES’ GREEN AWARD FOR MOST ECO-FRIENDLY ORGANIZING SERVICE.
2011 TRIANGLE BUSINESS JOURNAL’S GREEN ENTREPRENEURIAL EFFORT/INNOVATIVE IDEA OF THE YEAR HONORABLE MENTION WINNER
As a professional home and small business eco-organizer, I save you money by repurposing and reusing items you already own; suggesting items that can be sold or donated for a tax deduction; and recycling. I am a firm believer that every little bit makes a difference. I am available for in-home professional organizing and decluttering in the Wheeling, West Virginia area, and can work virtually as well.
I draw on my compassion, knowledge, and skills to transform overwhelmed lives with fresh ideas, education, and customized plans to create peaceful, sustainable, and productive environments.
My vision is a more sustainable world created through peaceful, joyful, inspirational, and organized spaces for living and work.
I have always tried to be conscious of the impact I was having on the Earth. During my college summers, I worked in Acadia National Park in Maine that to this day is one of my favorite places. There I discovered joy in hiking, frolicking in the ocean, swimming in mountain lakes, and being in nature in general. I am always amazed that connecting with nature can immediately change my mood and hug trees regularly when I am down.
When I started my professional eco-organizing business, I was trying to find my niche when someone suggested bringing what was very personal to me into my professional life. It was a light bulb moment for me and truly what gets me out of bed in the morning!
I believe in working with clients no matter where they are. I do not impose a particular agenda on someone, but rather try and find incentives for why they might want to go green (saving money, making a difference, etc.) For me, being an eco-organizer goes beyond recycling; it is about incorporating green strategies into not only organizing but also lifestyle.
Once I leave, it is my hope that clients continue to recycle, use BPA refillable bottles, and think twice about buying something. It is important to meet people where they are and to encourage them to take things to the next level. I also feel very passionately as being a resource for people to find a variety of ways they can incorporate being green into their daily lives.
Here is my code of ethics for being green.
- Be a continually developing resource for all things green, not only for clients but also for the community at large
- Teach clients my 7 Rs: reduce, reuse, rethink, return, repurpose, repair & recycle
- Celebrate people wherever they are on their green journey
- Educate people about eco-organizing and other eco issues through presentations, workshops, social media
- Educate and share my knowledge with other professional organizers
- Form alliances and partnerships with other green businesses & non-profits & groups
- Promote green organizing & other green products
- Be active in the green community when possible
- Practice what I preach, including my 7 R’s: Reduce, Reuse, Refuse, Repair, Repurpose, Recycle, & Rethink
- Teach my family, nieces & nephew about being green
- Continually strive to reduce my carbon footprint
- If I don’t know the answer, I’ll find it
- Spend time in nature; daily if possible
- Continue my education of all things green
- Volunteer and/or donate to environmental causes
Don’t be embarrassed! Call 919.559.3925 to set up a free 20-minute phone consultation to learn how I can support you to clear clutter and get organized! I am available to consult with you via Phone, FaceTime, Skype, Google Hangouts on Air.
I wholeheartedly recommend Julie’s services to anyone who needs a little -or a lot, like me- help getting decluttered and organized. And she’s GREAT at working with kids to teach them same! I saw one of Julie’s advertisements for talks a few months ago, checked out her website, and signed her up. She has been rocking my family’s world for the past few weeks and I’ve gone from “eh- I don’t think I can part with that” to telling my husband last night that I now find myself looking at things in our home and thinking, “I can get RID of that!” What a difference she has made for us! She not only gets in there and does the tough job of going through and getting rid (or just plain organizing if that is what’s needed- but that’s not often the case in my house, LOL) of things, but she empowers us to do it, too! I encourage anyone who needs help in this area to get in touch with Julie.
Tina Hammer, Raleigh