Pantry EcoOrganizing Tips
Don’t forget to check out part 1 of our blog on decluttering your pantry.
Here’s a tip: Create a list of items you regularly buy and laminate it or keep a copy in an app or on your computer. You can easily reuse as your grocery list and check items that you need. If you Keep on the fridge or close by, everyone can mark when something is out and you need it.
I have a client that received Alexa the assistant from Amazon. She never thought that she would get rid of paper lists, but she now uses Alexa exclusively. All she has to do is say, “Hey Alexa, add X to the grocery list and it is done. She has an app for her iPad that she pulls up at the store. Alexa is in her kitchen so this makes it almost full proof for her. If you have privacy concerns, Alexa may not work for you.
More Pantry EcoOrganizing Tips
Here are some tips to keep your pantry green!
- Avoid excess packaging. Buy in bulk. Note on this! Be careful. Do not go overboard and buy a ton of stuff in bulk. Costco can make us buy stuff that we may never use. I get chicken stock in bulk because I will use all of it during the winter, but I wouldn’t get a huge bag of flour because I don’t cook with it as much. Know your eating habits and buy in bulk things you will use in a reasonable amount of time.
- Buy large bottles of juice instead of boxes; get large sizes rather than individually wrapped (you can portion in reusable containers)
- Avoid cans that cannot be recycled/reused: pressurized whipped cream & cooking-spray. Whip up fresh cream with a mixer, or use a product in a recyclable container.
- Refillable metal or plastic oil sprayers from Misto are a great alternative and you can control the amount of oil you use.
- Keep your kitchen well stocked to avoid last-minute runs that waste gas & time. If you have your list you will always know when you are about to run out or have run out.
- Be open to using substitutions in recipes. Dried cranberries instead of raisins. There are all sorts of recipes and cooking websites out there that will have suggestions.
- Take out everything in the pantry. After you have cleaned the pantry, sort everything you have into categories that make sense to you
- Organize pantry shelves with food items grouped by categories that you created. Consider using containers to house small portions of items you buy in bulk
- Create a list of items you regularly buy Keep on the fridge or close by, everyone can mark when something is out.
How will you organize you pantry? How can you be green in your pantry?
Go out clear the clutter to create the life you choose, deserve and desire!
DIY Options to Clear Clutter
Purchase Julie’s books on how to clear clutter from your life: https://www.amazon.com/Julie-Coraccio/e/B07JGGL7ZL/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0
Subscribe to Clear Your Clutter Inside & Out Podcast https://reawakenyourbrilliance.com/life-coaching/podcast-coaching/self-help-podcast/
Check out more of my decluttering tips and how to get organized on my YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/SeibertRadio?feature=watch